Thursday, March 9, 2017

40 Days of Faith--Day 4

Genesis 32:22-32

Reread this passage slowly, trying to imagine yourself as Jacob.  How does it feel when you are attacked?  What does this wrestling look and sound and smell like as it continues through the night?  What do you think when you wonder if this is God?  How does it feel that God insists you accept your own weakness?  What is it like to be blessed, to be told you are known and that you can struggle with God and live to tell the tale?

After the reflection, ask if there's any question or yearning you have to ask God over these 40 days.  Consider making that your prayer about what you want God to do for you.  What would it feel like to "wrestle" with God over this prayer?

I blogged about this passage earlier this year.  I am a chronic wrestler of God, and let me tell you--God keeps comin' at me.

What I need to focus on this season is to accept my own weakness and perhaps struggle a little less.  I'm still going to pester God about what I'd like God to do for me, though...


No comments:

Post a Comment