Sunday, July 19, 2015

Perspective

My, what difference a day makes!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to stay home and recharge for most of yesterday.  I did drive to New York to pick up friends from LaGuardia Airport, but that didn't happen until evening time.  What a needed Saturday of staying in and refraining from social obligations!

My attitude has picked up tremendously since yesterday's blog post.  Yesterday morning as I wrote, I was still reeling from a stressful week and an exhausting Friday. I knew I was grumbling a bit, but I couldn't stop myself from verbalizing pent-up feelings.  With rest, gratitude has returned.

I did something nice for myself this evening.  I bought a burger and fries from Shake Shack and had a little picnic in Edgerton Park, away from the people of New Haven and Bethesda.  The fries even tasted healthy because they were so good for my soul.

Self-care is not normally a department in which I find myself lacking.  But I've needed to give myself more of it lately, with a summer job turned stressful and a communal living situation to which I am still adjusting.  Your mercy truly sustains me, Lord!

May I cease my striving this week and rest in Your provision.  Your provision of energy, ability, efficiency, and focus.  You lead me beside still waters...thou wilt keep in perfect peace her whose mind is staid on thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment