Friday, January 13, 2017

Blogs

In different phases of life, different blogs become more relevant.

In the days before Divinity School, I frequented the following blogs.

http://soulation.org/jonalynblog/

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/

I was trying to break free from Christian fundamentalism once and for all, and I needed community and perspective, even if it was online.

During Divinity School, I had plenty of lectures, class discussions, and readings to help form my theology and conception of contemporary Christian spirituality.

Since graduation, I've found myself searching again for sources of wisdom.

Over winter break, I attended PazNaz church, whose senior pastor is a woman, and have been visiting her blog ever since.

This morning, a Huffpost article led me to another resource that I'd like to explore.

Thank goodness for much-needed perspectives in an era that continues to make clear (to me, at least) that white Evangelical theology is going to be the death of justice and mercy in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment