Thursday, February 2, 2017

Living and Loving without Regret

Hearts are made to love, lose, learn, and repeat the cycle.   Or at least mine seems to be.

I never want to regret not loving someone to the fullest, whether female or male.

That means encouraging them to be the best version of themselves, speaking the truth even when it hurts, and letting them go if priorities or life directions pull us that way.

With guys (speaking as a straight woman), I usually know if I am not meant to marry but am still called to love.  That helps me instinctually know how then to love--and where the emotional boundaries are.

For me, marriage is a beast that takes a lifetime to master and a specific calling to enter into.

It is neither a necessity nor an accomplishment, and it's certainly not an accessory.  But just because I'm not married doesn't mean I don't love fiercely, faithfully, and fearlessly.  (Otherwise, why live?)

And when I do feel called to marriage, it will be the hardest thing I'll ever do--but totally worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment