Thursday, February 2, 2017

LaLa Love

I cried my way through the last part of LaLa Land today.  I hated the first.

The film reminded me of why I left LA--and why I feel I can always go back.  The perpetual sunshine makes it always welcoming; the lack of seasons makes it hard to feel like you are accomplishing anything.  Like Mia, I felt that I had to go away in order to prove myself. 

"I will always love you," Mia says to Sebastian, before they part ways to pursue their own dreams.

Now ain't that the truth with some relationships?  I have loved several people in these three decades.  Most of the loves in our lives are seasonal.  All of them are important.  

Like in LaLa Land, life calls us to walk away from some people that we love.  Sometimes those are the very people who help us get to the point we need to be in order to take the next step.  And we couldn't have done it without them.








No comments:

Post a Comment