Thursday, February 2, 2017

Wrestling with God

A few weeks ago, I felt compelled to pray, "Lord, I won't let you go until you bless me."

Interestingly, like Jacob, my hip socket felt injured, and I found myself unable to walk normally for a few days.

But some things in life are worth fighting for, and so fight I did.

There are times when God wants to test our faith.  And so He turns His face from us and sees what we do with it.

Jesus speaks of the woman who bothers the unjust judge until he relents.  And the neighbor who knocks on the door at midnight.

Christians are meant to be passionately persistent and not pathetically patient.  True, we are asked to wait sometimes, but that waiting is expectant rather than passive in nature--so that the Spirit can come and move, like in Acts.

The Spirit did move and my limp went away after a few days.  And God has been reminded that I intend to live life at its fullest and will settle for nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment