Friday, August 15, 2014

Why I Still Don't Like My Blog--But Will Stick With It

My very first post on this blog was titled: "Why I Don't Want to Start a Blog"  =P

And the fact remains:  I don't particularly enjoy blogging, nor do I like my blog all that much.  I took a break from blogging in July, trying to decide whether or not I would continue...

I guess I can't get over my assumption that bloggers just want attention and want others to know their thoughts.  I feel much more comfortable being an audience, observer, and listener, so to be in any kind of spotlight is uncomfortable (though at times exciting and stimulating!)

But here are a few reasons why I'd like to continue on with this blog, even though it's mediocre and even though I feel embarrassed to have my writing out there for others to see:


  • Friends have said they enjoy reading my blog.  (As an example of how uncomfortable I am with it, my typical rejoinder is: "Really?  I hate it!  I feel so ashamed whenever I post something…") It's hard to imagine how my writing can bring enjoyment or blessing to others, but if that is the case, then I'm grateful and humbled!
  • I've moved from CA to CT.  Rather than swamp people's emails (or Facebook!) with personal updates, I can post things in my blog and allow friends to check it out at their leisure.  If they aren't interested, they don't have to be bothered by my updates.
  • Why not?  After all, I've stuck with it thus far :D

No comments:

Post a Comment