Sunday, January 4, 2015

Gearing Up

I started getting back into my New Haven frame of mind yesterday, by trying to get ahead on some applications for summer stuff.  My body has been less relaxed since then, I notice, and only now do I realize just how much pressure I have been under as a student.  Last semester I decided that student life was less stressful than the working world, because nobody's happiness or life circumstances depended upon my performance.  I was in charge of my own schedule, and I wasn't constantly giving emotionally to clients.  Still, I was being challenged in lots of other ways, and there was a good amount of (healthy) pressure.  I guess in my head, stress and pressure are slightly different things.

Anyways, once I got home and started winter break, I let my body and mind relax, and I made up for a lot of lost sleep.  It was really nice to sleep and live in a stress-free environment, with no one to see for a whole week!  (I had to write one final paper, but that was not too bad).  Then, I began to catch up with friends, and that was nice.  The weather was warm, and I enjoyed life away from New Haven.  I've gotten into such a leisurely pace of life now that it's hard to imagine that next week I'll be starting a new semester!  I'm sure once I arrive back at Yale, I'll be ready to dive in again.  But right now, I'm feeling quite anxious about it all--and a little incredulous at how well I handled the pressure last semester.

An encouraging reminder is that I didn't do it on my own strength, and there's no way I'll be able to start relying on myself in the future.  I did many things through Him that strengthened me, and I plan to do the same this coming year.  That way I stay humble, and I stay connected to Him upon whom I depend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment