Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Lovely Day

The student life is a sedentary one.  Theological inquiry is one that energizes.  The two combined means that I often have pent-up energy that has nowhere to go, and this sometimes means that I have trouble unwinding at night and falling asleep.

Yesterday, I was determined to do physical things to expend that energy.  I practiced violin for an hour.  I scrubbed the bathtub and mopped the floor.  I cooked for the week.

I slept like a log last night and woke up this morning on top of the world.

Breakfast was lovely.  The morning sunlight, reflected by snow outside into our dining room was cheerful.  It was really, really, cold outside, but inside the heating system was working diligently to keep me cozy.  I made eggs with onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes; I sipped spiced chai tea;  and I'm still trying to finish my toast and a brownie.

There were flowers on the table, and I was in the person whose company I enjoy the most--myself!



I'm happy for those couples who are celebrating, but I'm even more thankful for the many friends in my life who are not romantic.  I had a chance to call a girlfriend from home last night, and to text another.  Platonic friendships over the years have shaped me as much as the romantic ones.  And I am grateful.

It's been a lovely day so far, at 10:10 am.  Looking forward to the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment