Friday, February 12, 2016

Flowers for Valentine's Weekend

It's Valentine's Weekend, and I got flowers from a man today.

No, he isn't a romantic interest.  In fact, he's married and has kids in college.  Pastor Tim, at whose church I live (along with other Divinity School students, in an intentional community) got me flowers to congratulate me on my presentation this week.

Given what I've been blogging about this week, I thought it was such a coincidence!

What an honor to receive such an encouraging gesture--and once again, I'm humbled.

It just honestly feels SO good to have my work--over which I spent hundreds of hours, it seems--appreciated and acknowledged.  And what beautiful flowers!  Pink, simple, and just enough to brighten up our dining room.  I smile when I think of them =)


No comments:

Post a Comment